My First “Head of” Job
I was struggling with imposter syndrome…
…despite the fact that it wasn’t my first leadership role.
In 2015, I had been working in the HR field for 14 years…
…and I was promoted to SVP and Head of HR.
Was the scope of work different? No.
Was I new to the company? Absolutely not.
Did everyone believe I was ready for the promotion? For sure.
Yet, I had crippling anxiety. Every. Single. Day.
Subconsciously, I was terrified I would fail and lose it all.
In fact, I went to the ER due to a panic attack….twice!
The Story in my Mind
I was capable and had extensive training to do my job well,
But it was my *stories* that perpetuated my anxiety.
The story said: “Unless I am perfect, I’m going to fail, and therefore, I am not safe.”
It was my fear of being rejected for not being perfect enough.
This story comes from centuries of programming.
Our patriarchal society tells women that we are not enough.
Not capable or worthy of having power.
I decided to take control of these stories.
BUT I didn’t know exactly where to start.
I tried everything from time-management courses to acupuncture!
Some of it helped but I was still lacking the *right* approach
I Hired a Coach
With the support of a coach, I began working on my mindset.
I also learned critical leadership skills.
I built solid relationships and delivered exceptional results.
Within 1 year, I was promoted to Chief People Officer.
AND… I could lead without anxiety or imposter syndrome.
Through coaching, I learned that almost every woman has felt like an imposter.
Have you experienced this phenomenon? What about the tendency to believe you’ll be selected based on merit?
These beliefs contribute to the under-representation of women in C-level roles.
We have more power than we realize to stop this pattern!
IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL FEEL LIKE WHEN YOU ARE…
- Working at a bigger, better job – and stepping up as the badass leader that you are!
- Earning more money and having more influence by expressing your natural strengths – and without losing your sanity or integrity.
- Leading a larger team, making power moves and using your influence to change your company’s culture (the way you’ve always wanted to!)
- Feeling fully equipped – emotionally, mentally, and strategically – to handle bigger responsibilities with grace and ease.
- Developing future leaders of your company and helping them create the career moves they want – and feeling good as you’re doing it!
- Living life on your own terms even though you have more responsibility.
- Smashing the racist patriarchy, opening doors for more women at the top and showing up as an exemplary leader with kindness, integrity and excellence.
A 6-month, professional development experience with bi-weekly 1:1 individual coaching sessions from Carrie as well as a monthly small group mastermind. This program is for leaders who want to expand their power and influence and advance their careers (without losing their sanity, integrity, or freedom).
Led by former Chief People Officer, Executive Coach & Master Trainer, Carrie Weaver.
YOUR LIFE BEFORE THE PROGRAM
- You feel like an imposter and you’re afraid of failing.
- You struggle to assert your opinions or ideas during critical meetings.
- You’re frustrated you’re not in a senior role – even after paying your dues.
- You’re tired of seeing (often less capable) people get ahead – because they show up with more confidence.
- You have what it takes, but there’s an invisible barrier that’s holding you back from unleashing that power.
- You’re not comfortable with public speaking and know it’s holding you back.
YOUR LIFE AFTER THE PROGRAM
- You’re becoming more powerful and can influence your way into a senior-level role without a sponsor.
- You’re showing up with total confidence and everyone around you treats you differently as a result of it.
- You’re stepping into your own brand of leadership by expressing a clear vision and highlighting the best parts of your personality.
- You’re communicating powerfully with confidence, clarity, and purpose.
- You’re developing others and opening doors for more women at the top!
- You’re living life on your own terms!
The program combines individual 1:1 coaching with a small-group mastermind. Each month you’ll explore a concrete leadership skill and then you’ll receive personalized coaching on that skill to further advance your ability. This is a high-touch program that drives massive gains through weekly accountability. Consider it the Rolls Royce of leadership development programs!
Build competence around public speaking, develop the confidence to shine on stage, and learn how to influence large audiences – with grace and ease. Even if you’ve hated public speaking in the past, this module will help you develop the essential public speaking skills you need to uplevel your career.
Understand the science behind Imposter Syndrome, uncover your limiting beliefs and reframe your thoughts so that you can stay on top of your game and be the badass leader you were born to be.
Vision & Brand
Create a master roadmap that allows you to get to your ultimate vision without going off-track along the way. This acts as your compass for daily decision making and allows you to stay on the path to success, influence, and expansion. Along the way, you’ll build a set of talking points for a compelling personal brand statement.
Trust is the foundation of effective relationships that are required for being successful in any leadership position. Understand your preferred trust language and accelerate the process of building trust with others – so that you can get the support you need to perform at work without losing your sanity.
Show up with power, ask for what you want with clarity by mastering the skill of assertion. Powerfully express ideas and opinions and deliver “difficult conversations” with compassion.
Energy & Resilience
Too often, service based leaders give all of themselves – until there’s nothing left to give. The truth is… you cannot pour from an empty cup. Understand the eight aspects of life fulfillment and how to prioritize and rebalance self-care with purpose and intention. Learn the important distinction of managing your energy vs. your time.
Former Chief People Officer, Certified Coach, Master Trainer and CEO
I have nearly 20 years of experience working at various organizations from tiny 20-person startups to 140,000-strong global conglomerates. In all these years, there’s one thing that has stayed consistent throughout – my love for developing people into their most influential selves. Since 2016 – I’ve been using my passion for developing talent with private clients, which has been an honor and privilege. Will you be next?
Your Professional Development Experience Includes
(6) 90-minute, virtual, monthly mastermind sessions facilitated by Carrie and held with her other 1:1 clients. You’ll discuss and explore topics based on her proven curriculum.
(12) 60-minute, virtual, individual coaching sessions. Held at a set time every-other week that you and Carrie select together. YOU decide the topics that will elevate you the most.
(1) Hogan Assessment + 90-Min VIP kick-off with Carrie. Discover the bright side and dark side of your personality as others experience you and use the information as power to enhance your natural leadership.
12 months of member community access on Slack
THIS PROGRAM IS *NOT* FOR EVERYONE!
This Program Is For You If…
* You’re a career professional with aspirations to lead at higher levels.
* You want to kick Imposter Syndrome to the curb and own your expertise.
* You’re ready for greater personal and organizational power.
* You want to become a better communicator.
* You value kindness, integrity, and excellence.
This Program Is NOT For You If…
* You’re not serious about professional development.
* You don’t think about what’s next in your life and career.
* You’ll prioritize everything else before your coaching sessions.
* You aren’t interested in being part of a community of other leaders.
* You’re not 100% ready to make the investment in yourself.