With the holiday season and a milestone birthday on December 27th approaching, I have much gratitude for where I’ve been this past year. I find it so rewarding to do a “year-in-review”, cataloguing all the amazing accomplishments as well as character-building events I’ve had this year. Here are some of my brightest moments of 2018:
- In January, I transitioned from Head of HR to Chief Talent Officer which was a full-time, in-house executive coach and trainer position.
- In July, I switched to a part-time internal coach/trainer role while also affiliating with an amazing woman-owned coaching firm.
- I began growing my own business –Silver Branch Consulting and received my first revenues in 2018.
- I became an Associate Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation.
- I started a weekly blog, filled with leadership insights and life lessons.
- I traveled with my partner to Hawaii; Los Angeles; Harper’s Ferry, Virginia; Tulum, Mexico 3 times (once with my mom); Turks & Caicos, Amsterdam, and Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I’ll be ending the year in Lisbon, Portugal.
- I saw my beautiful cousin get married over the summer, my nephew turned 5 and my parents moved out of their home (my childhood home) after 40 years.
- I went indoor rock climbing for the first time and joined a Pilates studio.
- I became a Reiki Master and continued my daily meditation practice of nearly three years.
- I taught inside-out leadership at NYU through my affiliate coaching company, which was incredibly enriching.
- I got to the bottom of some of my auto-immune health challenges by working with a functional medicine doctor. Turns out, I had a delayed allergic response to almonds which I was eating almost daily –wreaking havoc on my health.
- I joined an amazing women’s network and made many new personal and professional connections.
2018 had some low moments as well. The low points were opportunities to grow and provided great appreciation for all the bright spots. All-in-all, 2018 was an amazing year.
If you were to catalogue your 2018 “year-in-review”, how would you feel about it? In which facets of your life were you fully aligned and “on fire”? In which areas did you find yourself out of balance or lacking the success you desired?
I invite you to make a list of your own. Then looking at the list, find deep gratitude for both the blessings and the hardships, which you undoubtedly learned from.
During this holiday season, I am grateful for both my blessings and hardships. Thank you for being on the journey with me. I wish you the peace and joy of the holiday season.